Thursday, January 24, 2008

STILL RUNNIN' AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!

Thirty years ago at a ward dinner, when I was pregnant with Ty, I met a very sweet, kindhearted blonde, named Lynne, who was pregnant with Jordan. We both loved to run but since we were pregnant we just started walking together early in the morning. As soon as our babies were born, we started to run in earnest. Soon after an energetic, long-legged, Camille, moved into my neighborhood and quickly joined us. Even though we all kept having children, we kept running. In fact, we ran races and marathons and mountain races and relays. Now, we just run for the fun of it and we run almost exclusively on the mountain trails east of our homes. Fantastic mother and snowboarder, Jaci, joined us, then amazing, mission mom to Mexico, Shauna, and finally young, speedy, Jackie came running along. Now, as you can see, all these women are 7 to 16 years younger than I am and much skinnier, but they are so wonderful to be with that I won't let them dump me from the group (especially since I am a charter member). These women are the most spiritual, loyal, dependable, loving women ever. I love them all and I learn from them everyday I am with them.
P.S. Jackie didn't make it for this picture.

7 comments:

SUMMER said...

Darling group of gals... especially the one right in the middle!!!

Mama Mia said...

Mom you look just as good as all your friends! They are speedy...I have never been able to keep up with them!

Holly said...

I haven't looked at blogs for so long. I loved all of your blogs about Brooklyn, Ty and Mike. They are all so beautiful and I can't believe Mike is 60!! He doesn't look it.
I love the picture with your friends. You are amazing and such an example to us all. You look beautiful in that picture...as always!!

Glenda said...

Kindred spirits! I am so impressed with your dedication. It shows in how you look and feel.

Weber said...

Good for you Beth. I think it's great that you've been running all these years. And you do look just as good as your "younger" friends. By the way...Happy Birthday, Mike. Rich and I will be joining the "60 Club" this summer also.

Anonymous said...

Your short history of our friendship and love for each other and of our years of running brought tears to my eyes. Beth you look wonderful! We ARE charter members but from the very beginning we committed to each other to stay devoted to the end, through thick and thin. Never would it ever be the same without you by our sides and never would we want it. I sure do love you all!

Macy said...

Wow! What an inspiration you women are. I need to get going!