Tuesday, January 15, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TY TY!!!







Happy Day today! We are excited to be with Ty and Holly tonight. (Ty is frugal and knows we are buying dinner.) He is also generous and treated us last time. Ty is the most unique child I have and that is saying a lot because all my children are unique. When Ty was born 29 years ago, I was stunned to see a huge, blue-eyed, blond baby boy--all my other children had masses of black hair and olive skin. He was the sweetest-smelling baby ever. Whenever I walked into his room to pick him up from a nap, the room smelled so good. He is so like the "Stanton/Nielsens" of my mother's line of ancestery. He is a perfectionist and yet can let it all go at times. He is a master cleaner and organizer but has met his match with Holly (who has been known to wash the inside of her washing machine). Ty LOVES babies and yet is clueless about them. He is the hardest worker you have ever seen but loves to play, too. Ty is very detailed, smart, outspoken, and motivated. He broke every piece of Lenox and Belique porcelain I received for my wedding whereas none of my other children had even noticed them. He drove our van on many occasions before he was two and continued to scare us with his antics, ie. locking me out of our running car and taking it out of gear so that it rolled slowly down the street with me running hysterically alongside the car, while he smiled standing in the drivers seat. I might mention here that we really didn't use car seats back then.


He has worked hard in the yard and the home since he was two years old. His first job was working at Lagoon at age 12. He made enough money to buy a top of the line mountain bike and then quit. Riding this very bike down Farmington Canyon, he flew off the side of the road and fell hundreds of feet, landing on a rock which split his back open. Somehow he survived and didn't even know how badly he was hurt until I lifted his shirt and raced him to the emergency room. Ty was a gifted runner, beating the DHS track team in the Bair Gutsman mountain race. (I actually ran that with him but much farther behind.) Ty is quirky and Holly loves his quirks which makes me love her even more. Once Ty drove (literally) a hundred miles an hour in the morning Davis County traffic to bring me my photo ID so I could board a departing plane. He was the only one who would ever have been crazy/reckless enough to do that. Ty appreciates everything we do for him. We love you very much Ty! Congratulations on the huge raise and promotion at AT&T!

8 comments:

Macy said...

Happy Birthday Ty!! I hope you had a great day.

Parry's said...

Cute Post... Happy Birthday!

The Back Row Pew said...

I love hearing about Ty's antics. We think the world of Ty !! Happy Birthday !

Ty and Holly said...

Whoo hooo! We're gonna have cute babies! I love that photo! Thanks Beth and Mike for making Ty, and all of his quirks :)

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Ty! I didn't know that he got a promotion at AT&T?

Glenda said...

Happy Birthday TY! It was fun to learn more about you! I have always thought you were so handsome, from a little baby to a growm man! And for sure you will have cute babies!!

Mama Mia said...

I love Tyler T. Tittlemouse! Happy Day! You are a great brother. I wish we lived closer so we could hang with you! I can't wait you two to have Cute babies so I can return the favor and feed them PIE before dinner! Ha! Ha! Have a great day!

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Ty! Hope you had a great Birthday!