Sunday, February 3, 2008

SUPER BOWL BASH




We started a tradition many years ago on Super Bowl Sunday. I told my boys we would have ribs and lots of yummy treats for the Super Bowl game if they attended church that day on time and stayed the entire time. Our longtime neighbor and best family friend, Bill, started coming over to get his share of ribs. I made him bring his family over, and also included our other family friends and neighbors....the Helm Family. Rob Helm and Bill Payne helped raise my boys and were such a great influence that they remain very close to our family. Our families have grown and we now usually have 40 plus big and little people. The kids love playing together as they run crazy through the house pulling out all the toys. The guys are glued to the game....it was great this year...and the gals watch occasionally, talk, and catch up. The babies are passed around and even friends of friends are always welcome. This year Rob and Pam were on a cruise and their children and grandchildren still came because it is a tradition and because we have good food.

We served:

Baby Back Ribs by Michael (Honey Barbeque and Terriyaki)

Honey Baked Ham by Bill

Creamy Potatoes by Maeve

Italian Salad by Lisa

pasta salad by Nikki

baked beans by Beth (wish Mia was here to make them)

shrimp dip and chips by Ty and Holly

salsa and chips by Jenny

vegies and and clam dip by Beth

assorted deserts , munchies, and a special pretzel crust/raspberrie dessert by Kelsee

lots of pop

10 comments:

Colby said...

Wow. That looks/sounds yummy.

Carly said...

how come I don't see the helms?

Ty and Holly said...

I was in love with the teriyaki ribs....so good!

Parry's said...

Wow that does look like a bash. How fun and yum yum!

Bethers said...

Carly,
Candace, Dave, Drew,Zack,Johnny,Jess, Ira, and Beckham were all there. Only Rob and Pam and Alex (who is engaged) were not. We really missed you and Oliver.

Ty said...

Ya, those ribs were pretty incredible.

The Funderburks said...

sound superbowlicous!

The Funderburks said...

I might need the rib recipe. By husband is from Texas, ya know?

SUMMER said...

The menu looked delish! Wish I could have been there! I am coming up for a visit in May and hope to see my favorite Johnston fam!!!

Mama Mia said...

my mouth is watering! I didn't even watch the game me and the kids went swimming :) Easton went to join Bruce in the room for the last quarter!