Sunday, August 19, 2007

FARMERS MARKET

On Saturday I met Maeve and Brad at the Farmer's Market at Pioneer Park. The day was overcast so the weather was a little cooler and so many people flocked there. We walked around and bought beautiful produce, grazed on delicious pasties, breads, fruit and cheese, and listened to Rich play. Soon we got a call from Carly and Oliver telling us they were walking down to meet us. Shortly after that Ty called Carly and told her that he and Holly were coming. It was fun to be with the kids. After some tamales and tacos, the gals all went to see "Becoming Jane" about Jane Austen's life. Carly was stunned and depressed at the end because Jane's life didn't exactly end like her books. Brad took all our produce home and shot some photos while Ty and Oliver went rock climbing. On Sunday I cooked the yellow and zucchini squash, the asian green beans, fresh corn on the cob, multi grain rolls, and yukon gold scalloped potatoes. Mike threw on some steaks, and I sliced fresh tomatoes and cukes from our garden. It was a farm fresh meal!
We chatted with Shirley and her friend Lisa while Rich played.
This taco/tamale stand was a big hit.

Holly is always cool.

Ty is always calm.

4 comments:

Carly said...

I swear every time I come to your blog there is some random picture of me. The meal was tasty tonight, glad we went and got all of the ingredients yesterday.

Mama Mia said...

Sounds yummy! Looks fun!

Mama Mia said...

I am waiting to see your bedroom blog!

Macy said...

Sounds like a fabulous throw together meal...it made my mouth water. I have forgotten about the Farmer's Market the whole summer. Sounds like fun.