Sunday, August 19, 2007

AFTER

Michael and I recently celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary. We didn't go on an amazing trip BUT on the spur of the moment we bought a new couch at Z Gallery for our bedroom. We have slowly been replacing our old modge podge furniture with stuff we really like. Z Gallery takes forever to deliver so we made a goal to paint our bedroom before the new couch came. Z Gallery called us on Wednesday and told us that it would be delivered Thursday!!! We were so shocked because we have waited months for other items we have ordered, so we quickly gave away our old white chair and couch to Marie and Shawn (a hand me down from Shelly), called Micah and told him he needed to help us get the "cow out of the quagmire" and help us paint. We ran to the paint store and I told them I wanted the Restoration Hardware Silver Sage only more intense and they mixed it right up!! Next we hauled everything we could out of our room and happily many items never returned. Micah came over and we had a late nighter with Micah doing most of the work because he didn 't trust either of us with a roller. The color is so tranquil and serene I absolutely love it. These pictures don't really show off the great color it is so come over and see it. Micah did an amazing job. The next day I stayed home most of the day waiting for the sectional to arrive and putting things back together. We LOVE our new retreat. Thank you Micah.

8 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Ohhh so pretty! I will see it soon! Can't wait! I love the couch! It is a great shape!

Heidi Louise said...

Congratulations Mike and Beth. It looks great!

I am shocked you didn't call Ty though. He painted a room at my parents house once and he did a wonderful job! Micah did a fantastic job as well!

SUMMER said...

You guys have GREAT taste! It runs in the family!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Wow it looks awesome can't wait to see it this weekend! Ian and I are going to be painting a big area of our house in the next couple of weeks.....Looks like we need to recrute Micah because it sounds like he is a pro!

Carly said...

Looks good, can't wait to see it in person.

Johnston Family said...

Looks Great! Can't wait to see it on Sunday!

Ty said...

Cool!

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice. I like the couch you purchased. Has a more modern look!