Thursday, August 16, 2007

BEFORE AND AFTER

As soon as school was out this summer, I had some pretty aggressive laser skin resurfacing done by dermatologist Dr. Mark Taylor at the Gateway Aesthetic Institute. The first picture shows the deep wrinkles I was getting especially around my mouth. I felt like I was looking older than my years and losing my eyes to overhanging lids like my mother had. Even though there was a lot of care required at home after the 3 hour process in his office, I can honestly say that there was no pain, I was just uncomfortable for a few days. The second picture was taken the end of July and Mia has been curious so I thought I would just put it out there. Each month it gets better and better. Dr. Taylor is one of the very few doctors in the west that has the CO2 laser and is trained to use it. He told me I looked spectacular and put me on his website.
During the healing process, I have used many different creams that were exotic and very expensive. One was an $85 cream called Creme De La Copper, and actually had copper as an ingredient! I can tell you that the cream pictured above is the very best of all. A beautiful young looking friend of mine told me about it. Cetaphil costs about $10 for a BIG tub and you can get it at the grocery store or Walgreens. I hope all you young girls moisturize your face morning and night. I was so surprised when one of my daughters told me that she didn't! I also use sunscreen and avoid the sun when I can. Now I seriously don't worry about how I look and just enjoy my work, my life and my family.

10 comments:

Johnston Family said...

You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am still in awe...you look beautiful Beth! You look so refreshed in your after photo. I do have to admit though...I never moisturize my face, so you can add me on the list with your other daughter, whoever it was :) I'll have to go get some Cetaphil.

Anonymous said...

Mom, you look great, you're an incredible mom, and we all love you to death. You need to post your new bedroom color...

Carly said...

I am glad that you posted this on your blog, and that you are out in the open about the whole thing.

Mama Mia said...

Wow! You look so bright eyed! It looks fab Mom! Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

Cetaphil is sweet. I've been using it for like ten years. I think I know which of your daughters doesn't moisturizes.

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Wow Beth you look great!Can i join the non-moisturizing gang.....I probably should but I hate the feeling of having stuff on my face......maybe I will try this Cetaphil!

Anonymous said...

Beth, It was good to run into you today. By the way...you look great. And for all you young girls out there, a very wise person once told me that for every night that you don't wash your face and moisturize you age 30 days!!!

The Back Row Pew said...

Wow!!! That is just amazing !! You look like you have reversed 20 years. As for moisturizing...I am going to have to get some of that Cetaphil. I do nothing and I am not proud of this...but I do remove makeup with vaseline so I guess that is moist. I learned this trick from my next door neighbor Kristi Jenkins, 45 years ago.

Molly said...

Wow, you look fabulous! And yes, I love Cetaphil and I think it was Mark Taylor who told me to use it. You can also buy it at Costco which makes it even cheaper!