Sunday, July 15, 2007

FAMILY PHOTO SHOOT !

ALL MY CHILDREN gave me a most wonderful Mother's Day gift---a family portrait session with the talented photographer, Jonathan Canlas. It was a major accomplishment to get everyone there for one hour together. Maeve and Brad came from Australia where they were working and vacationing, Mia, Bruce, and family from Nebraska, Ian and Kelsee fresh from a trip to San Diego, Ty and Holly from North Salt Lake, and Lisa and Micah from Kaysville. We met at Memorial Grove, just down the street from where Carly and Oliver live. I told everyone to dress in black or brown and when I arrived and saw ALL MY CHILDREN, I knew it would be beautiful. After, we all ate at the Spaghetti Factory. We were quite a sight walking into Trolley Square in matching colors. People probably thought we were just a weird Mormon family. As Michael and I looked down the long table at our family of 20, we were just incredulous at the amazing children we have. We love them all so much. They are all unique and special and they have blessed our lives.


Here are some favorite images from our shoot.







15 comments:

Bethers said...

I loved walking up to the family photo shoot and seeing everyone in their brown and black! Glad to be a part of the Johnston Family!

Carly said...

mom, did you buy these files from Jonathan?

Macy said...

Wow! What beautiful pictures. What a beautiful family, Mike and Beth!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this family! You guys are so great and all look WONDERFUL in this shot! I hope that you ordered a huge one for your house!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute! That was fun!

Weber said...

Yes you do have a beautiful family - and they are also great people. Instead of a Mormon family, I bet everyone at the restaurant was thinking it was a film shoot for "The Sopranos".

Mama Mia said...

Brooklyn loves naming everyone in all the pictures! Great practice!

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family! These pictures are so great!!!!

Molly said...

What Darling Pics...it sounds like you all had such a fun "family reunion." Love the Blog too!!

Jessica Oakley said...

Mike and Beth, I didn't know you started blogging! I'm glad I stumbled upon this. These pictures are amazing! Good Mother's Day gift, Johnston's!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing photo of your beautiful family. I just noticed that you added my blog to your friends list. Thanks so much, and I love reading your blog to get updates on your family.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHERS!!!! LOVE YA!

Ty and Holly said...

Happy Birthday Mom, we love you and are thinking of you. Ty & Holly

The Back Row Pew said...

Wow !! That is an amazing picture. Just think....in a few years it will probably double. I love these blogs

Johnston Family said...

The pictures turned out great! We will have to enjoy the big family photo while we have the whole family in it. There are seven new additions from the last family photo!:-)