Sunday, October 5, 2008

PONDERING, PACK'S PUMPKIN PATCH, & PRIESTHOOD

Which are real? I love white pumpkins! I am also loving that it is Fall.

Watching conference this Saturday, (October 4th ) made me think back to 35 years ago. . . I had just come home from the hospital with my very first baby, a beautiful baby girl named, Mia. As I was rocking her and watching conference, a very powerful spirit came over me. My tears started to fall because I was so happy that she had been born under the covenant and that I had made the right choices. I felt so blessed to be sealed to her and Michael. I realized that my life would have been so different without the gospel. It was a very tender time. The speakers were equally powerful this Saturday. It is hard to believe that time has passed so rapidly and that this baby girl is now a beautiful mom herself!


Pack's Pumpkin Patch in west Farmington is a fun place to take your grandkids. There is a mini straw bale maze as well as a corn maze, funny characters, straw hats to wear, and pumpkins galore to pick.




P.S. There are also many mosquitoes who loved biting Presley on her eye! So Sorry, . . . we were having so much fun that we didn't know they were after her!

The girls love meeting the guys for dinner before Priesthood. The men go off to church and we shop and get gelato! Thanks for including us.

We also loved having Carly and Oliver watch conference with us. They have NO TV!

12 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Love you Mom! I have planned a trip to Vala's Pumpkin Patch so hope you're not patched out!

Molly said...

So fun. We were just saying yesterday that we all want to go to Pack's Pumpkin patch...I guess we will wear bug repellent!

The Funderburks said...

I love your monochromatic white pumpkin display! Gorgeous.

spenceandcass said...

White pumpkins????....are they real? I didn't know they existed. Cool.

Glenda said...

I love white pumpkins! Your collection looks so good! Have fun at Vala's pumpkin patch in Omaha! We have so many fun memories of our visits there.

SUMMER said...

I LOVE white pumpkins and I LOVE baby Miles!

Johnston Family said...

Love the photos of the pumpkin patch! My girls love spending time with you both! It was a fun weekend! Brunch on Sunday was very yummy! :)

corryfever said...

got to love pack's pumpkin patch! sounds like an amazing weekend with an amazing family.

corryfever said...

oh, and your mantel looks amazing.

The Back Row Pew said...

Fun pictures and fun memories for all of you. So sad about Halle's eye. You gotta watch out for those West Farmington bugs!!

Carly said...

those are cute pics.

Brooke said...

Poor Presley! I bet she still had a great time though. I love fall as well, I get excited for this season every year! The white pumpkins are way cute!