Monday, October 27, 2008

PURPLE BEANS AND MAGIC!!!

The family favorite---Purple Beans! My children loved these growing up and even today they love coming to our house for tacos. I forget how weird they must be to others. This is a JOHNSTON tradition....kidney beans from the can (sometimes we throw in a can of black beans, partially blended, with lots of medium or sharp cheddar cheese added, heat or bake and serve with tacos. I do not know who originated this but we have had these for many many years.


Mia came to town for a brief visit and we got everyone together for tacos and purple beans! Friday morning was Red Ribbon Day at East Layton and we had a great magician come....Mike Hamilton. Mia, Easton, Brighton and Brooklyn came to our assembly. Easton loves doing magic tricks so I knew he would love watching this truly fun magic show. After the show, Easton, Brighton and Brooklyn all got to hold his magic dove, CD, "Compact Dove" because he could fold up in the magician's pocket. Mike Hamilton made a table float, had a really amazing magic hat, and also made Chief appear, mascot of the Blaze Football Team!
We had ONE super-packed fun day with the Bischoffs!





7 comments:

Parry's said...

yummy! Purple beans- it sounds good! Cornbellys is at Thanksgiving point. What a fun magician.

Mama Mia said...

Thanks for the super fun day! It was a short trip but totally worth it! I loved the tacos and purple beans...yummmmm! Thanks so much love you and miss you!

Glenda said...

Looks so delicious! Fun to see Mia and kids again so soon! I cant believe how tall Easton is, Beth, he has almost caught up to you!

The Funderburks said...

We're going to have to try purple beans with tacos!

The Back Row Pew said...

Love those Purple Beans ! Thanks for reminding me about them. They were a childhood favorite. I don't think my kids ever request them...so they have gone extinct here.

spenceandcass said...

Hmmmm.....the purple beans actually look really good!....not weird. Not weird at all.

Holly said...

Mia in town? I missed her again!! She moves to fast I can't keep up! Fun to check out your blog! I've been gone to long! Glad you are all doing well and having fun! Love ya all!