Monday, September 1, 2008

THE NON BLOGGER



I have been a non-blogger for over a month and this is why...
We held a Bountiful 4th Ward reunion with the bishop of my childhood, Bishop Johnson, who was also a lifelong friend of my parents. He paid tribute to them all evening.
I held a retreat for my East Layton faculty at the beautiful Young Family Cabin which is between Morgan and East Canyon.
Brea, Presley Beth, and Halle came and played at the cabin while Carly took their pictures.


I read books to Miles after his bath!

We celebrated the birthdays of Brea, Glo, Micah and Maeve.....and a 37th wedding anniversary.
I taught Miles to drink from a cup. Miles and Maeve lived with me for 3 weeks while Brad labored on remodeling their home.

SCHOOL has started and 65 children decided to enroll the two weeks before school began! Then 7 more showed up on the first day....they just kept coming. I had to hire a new teacher last week and set up a new classroom. On top of all this. Michael and I have been making salsa from our tomatoes and peppers almost every night.
CASE CLOSED.

11 comments:

SUMMER said...

I have missed you so! Glad your back and great update Bethers!!!

Anonymous said...

Hold on a minute! I thought life was supposed to calm down for us when we got to be this age! Where do you find time to do all that you do? I admire your family and all the wonderful things you do to support each other. AND I LOVE YOU!!

Mama Mia said...

Why does John White have his hand on your shoulder?...ha! ha! What a fun month and I am sure some of it was stressful! Micah's girls look so beautiful! Miles bum bum is unresistable! Hope everything will settle down :0 is that possible! love you and miss your posts! The kids ask all the time to see your blog!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Luck at Miles bum. I love it.

Weber said...

Sounds like you had a busy summer - I love seeing the pictures of Miles - I miss him!!
- Shirley

Weber said...

Sounds like you had a busy summer - I love seeing the pictures of Miles - I miss him!!
- Shirley

The Back Row Pew said...

Do I detect that someone gave you a bad time about being a slacker blogger. Well, you can put all that to rest. A fun busy summer and August for sure.

Jessica Oakley said...

Mmm... Homemade salsa...

Glenda said...

For sure is doesnt slow down when we get this age! Looks like you have gad a fun packed summer! Loved the pictures. Doug always talks about Bishop Johnson!

The Funderburks said...

Glad to have you bak! But it sounds like you have been busy!

Holly said...

I have kind of slacked on blogging also! Life is to busy! I always think it will slow down after summer...never does! Thanks for the update and your grandkids are beautiful!!