Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BEST PARADE!!!


The best parade of the summer is not the long, formal Days of '47, or the watery, dangerous Kaysville parade, or the hot, crowded Bountiful Handcart Days parade...it is the
Farmington Festival Days Parade!
It is small, hometown, not too long, lots of local color, and fun.
For instance, RONA, my friend of 37 years decided she wanted to ride with the Masons, who ride formations on little mini motorcycles. THEY LET HER! So here they came in their mason outfits and Rona was riding with them. It was funny and weird.
Ian and Micah tried to tell her that women were not allowed in the Masons but she didn't care in the least. I am still laughing about this!




9 comments:

Mama Mia said...

The Parade looked like fun...I can't believe Rona rode with the Masons...well I guess I can! She is too funny...I would have loved to see that!

Elisha said...

We saw Rona in the parade and all said, "What the...?"

The Funderburks said...

Fun! I love small town parades.

Molly said...

What a fun parade...I have to say I have never been to the Farmington Parade and that the best parade I have been to is the Kaysville, so if you say its better, we have been missing out!

Glenda said...

Now the Randolph Parades are the Funniest! So Hometown,personal and SMALL! You know everybody in the parade, EVERYBODY, and guess what, the parade goes by once, and then they turn around and come back again!! Otherwise the parade would be over in 20 Minutes!! I want to come to the Farmington Parade!

Maeve said...

I love the Farmington Festival Days Parade. Maybe because I grew up going to it. I missed it this year but me and Miles wont miss it next year.

Holly said...

I love parades!! The Riverton parade has that small hometown feel also. Ally danced in it this year and really had a great time!!

I am so sad we are going to miss the reunion this year. Tell your family we love them all.

SUMMER said...

Fun Fun- short parades are very nice!!!

spenceandcass said...

We've never been to the Farmington parade! We will have to try in next year. Funny about your friend and the Masons.