Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tis The Season...


My favorite daughter, Mia, (P.S. Mia has access to my site!), came to visit for Thanksgiving and life is a whirlwind while she is in town. We had fun and she helped me so much, too. At 10 PM she would say, "Let's decorate a tree!" Gradually we got out almost every decoration. It was fun to do it with her and I wanted it to be special this year because over 60 Binghams are coming to my house for the Bingham Family Christmas this Sunday. These pictures don't capture how pretty everything looks. This red tree is my favorite and is located downstairs in our big family room. I have to go down and look at it every day and drink in the RED! There is just something special about red. This is a huge real poinsettia that one of my teachers gave me and when I come through the front door, it just grabs me. This is the first year that it will just be Michael and I hanging our stockings. Because everyone knows that when you get married, you become each other's Santa.
Michael only put up half of our great room tree (the top two sections), put it on an end table and we doubled-loaded it with ornaments! Thanks to Carly's wedding, we were able to add some beautiful reminders of her reception one year ago on December 26th.
This front room tree shows out the front window and has some of the ornaments on it that Michael and I handmade 36 years ago for our first tree.

Micah gave us the idea for our house lights. Each corner, gable, and angle along the roof has two greens, a red, two greens=a holly berry!!

Coming soon...."The Bingham Family Christmas"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad you are finally coming to terms that you do have a favorite in the family. Everyone does (ex. Dad and his boys, Grandma Glo and Julie). Your trees do look beautiful. That was so nice of Mia to help you with them.

Anonymous said...

Maeve, Mia went in and put that word in. I have the ability to LOVE ALL MY CHILDREN, without favorites, just like my parents did. Mia just likes me more than the rest of you!

Molly said...

lol...Mia! Your house looks beautiful! You have such neat taste. I love that you still put up the ornaments that you made and that mike really helped you make them!

Ty and Holly said...

Love the decor!

Mama Mia said...

Mom, I was kidding and thought when I told you to proof your draft,you would erase it!!!! Oh well, you are right I love YOU more! I love the pictures of your trees! You have added some ornaments...looks good!

Carly said...

Mia thinks she is the favorite, but she doesn't know how well mom treats the rest of us when she is back in Omaha (ie, Christmas Dress Shopping, brings us dinner all of the time, family parties every single night, and constantly showers us with gifts). You wouldn't believe all of the benefits the other 5 of us receive. Sorry Mia, sucks for you.

Glenda said...

Your home is so beautiful! I love all of your trees! You do have great taste. The Bingham family Christmas party was delightful! Your home is the perfect place for a party that huge! i am getting a kick out of your kids arguing over who is the favorite!! I thought my kids were the only ones that did that! Its true we love them all equally!!!

The Funderburks said...

Gigi, we all know your favorite is Brie!

Bethers - beautiful home! The party was fun; thanks for all of your hard work!

Johnston Family said...

Thank you for coming to Brea's Christmas Program last night! I love your decorations! Your red tree is my favorite too. I wish I had Mia to help us decorate. I can't wait to go to Vegas with you this weekend!

SUMMER said...

I LOVE your house... you have such great taste!

Macy said...

Beth, I haven't been on your blog for awhile, but wow!! Your house looked fabulous for Christmas. I wish I could have seen it. I love your outside lights...amazing.