Tuesday, November 27, 2007

TAGGED BY NICOLE!

I am a sucker for: Old Movies...I could watch them all day and all night, "Dancing With the Stars!" (honestly, this is the only TV I watch besides the news and old movies), the Bee Gees, Cummings chocolates, Friday Night Dates with Michael, babies, running in the mountains, biking around Farmington Bay, reading good books, my grandkids, my kids, my school, the sun and water!


My Worldly Desires: To be able to travel whenever and wherever I want and take whoever I want with me, to build one more perfect home, to go with my girls for a spa week, to be thinner, to get more pedicures and massages.


My Prize Possessions: Michael, my children and grandchildren, my grandmother's journal, my mother's journals, and my journals, the original art we have bought since 1971, the pottery my boys created, family portraits, my college degrees.


I will never wear big hair, white lipstick or high heeled shoes again, but then I am not sure I ever wore any of these! ( And besides that I hate to say, never.)


Things I Love: Going to BYU or Jazz games with Michael, eating out, family events, family vacations, going to movies with Michael, reading a good book, playing with my grandkids, Christmas, Summer, and running with my friends (we have done this for 30 years!)



Things I Hate: Working all day at school, coming home working some more, working at home all weekend, never having a lazy day.



Randomness: I have dreams that come true. I saw all my children before they were born. Mia spoke to me. Micah appeared at the foot of my bed holding the hand of someone older. I was told or impressed clearly what each of their names should be. I felt my mother come to me after she died and I was in Green Valley. I still dream about her.



I now tag Maeve, Carly, Mia, Holly J., Kelsee, Lisa (If you haven't done this already!)

9 comments:

Holly said...

It is so fun to read this. You are such an amazing aunt! I love you and look up to you so much!

Mama Mia said...

Fun mom! I love you! I need to do this... my list wont be as interesting though!

Ty said...

no more tagging...

Macy said...

I loved reading this , Beth. You talking about your boys pottery just reminded me of 1 year old Rex breaking a piece of it. I am again so sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading that list (whatever tagged by Nicole means). It brought tears to my eyes because I know so well that it is all so true and all so you and I love you dearly!

The Funderburks said...

the running club for 30 years - so incredible. I want to do that!

Anonymous said...

Reading this brings me home to Farmington and dear friends like the Johnston's! Your family is beautiful and all that you deserve! I miss you (for now) and love you (forever)!

Marci + Dan said...

Hi Beth! I wanted to tell you that the orange roll recipe is from the "Heritage Cookbook" by the Junior League of SLC, Inc. Whenever I call my mom to get a recipe, 9/10 times she refers me to this book. If you don't have it, I highly recommend it. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Happy Holidays!

SUMMER said...

I love that you dreamed about your kids Beth! And Maeve's too I guess! This week can you have one about how many more I am going to have and if they will be boys or girls? Thanks!