Sunday, September 30, 2007

WOMEN'S CONFERENCE

We have a Bingham Family tradition started by our mother (Grandma Lyal). The only birthday (September 24, 1918) present she ever wanted was to either be with her family in the temple or to go with her girls to Women's Conference. We started doing this when she was alive and it was held in the Salt Lake Tabernacle. After mom died, we kept the tradition alive and even improved on it!
Now, there are more of us and we go to an early dinner together before the conference starts. We all remember our dad and Grandpa Jay at that time because he left us a little fund that pays for it. This year we met at the Olive Garden and for the first time it was raining and snowing!
We walked to the Conference Center and listened to our new R.S. President Julie Beck, her counselors, and President Monson. President Hinckley was there waving his cane as usual and as lively as ever. The spirit was strong and I loved being with Maeve, my sisters, sisters-in-law, and my beautiful nieces. Thanks, mom, for a great tradition of strong women!

7 comments:

Parry's said...

How cute you all look! I am so sad I missed this year!

Mama Mia said...

I thought of all you! Conference was great! I spent it with a group of neat friends. We went to dinner at Firebirds and then watched the broadcast in the comfort of the Fenton home! I scanned the audience in hopes I would see you! NO Luck! Love You All!

SUMMER said...

What a great tradition and good looking family!

Molly said...

What a great tradition! it was such a neat conference!

SUMMER said...

Did you get me email earlier today?

Anonymous said...

Summer,I just fired off an email!
Bethers

The Funderburks said...

I missed being with you lovely ladies!